Bet You Didn’t Know
This post is going to be a little different. I had the pleasure of being tagged by my wonderful friend, Jenni, from Housewife Hustle, and challenged to tell you, my readers, a little about myself. If you are an avid follower, you may be biting your nails in anticipation. Who is this Messy Mama?
Since this is a tag about myself, and you, my reader, will be indulging in information you may or may not care about, I want to take this time and thank you, personally, for joining me on this journey. My hope is that I have given you something out of my blog, whether it’s helpful information as a new mama, great reading material for the stay at homie, or even a look into my blogging technique. Maybe, your just here for the connection. Either way, thank you for taking time out of your day to support me and follow along as I put my heart into words.
I also want to thank you, Jenni, for including me in this tag and giving me the opportunity to get a little personal with you and my readers. It is an honor to be a part of such a beautiful community, and I appreciate every ounce of love I receive. You truly are one of the most wonderful, and beautiful people I know, both on the inside and out.
Okay, now let’s get down to business and dig up some dirt.
1. Share 7 facts about yourself that aren’t super present in your blog.
2. Tag 7 bloggers you adore.
3. Shout out back to me, so I can I read and get to know everyone more too.
1. I am a Disney freak. I’ve probably seen all the Disney movies, I went to Disney for my honeymoon, and I watch the Disney channel at least once a day. I especially have a soft spot for Maleficent. She is my absolute favorite. Considering Disney is on a movie making roll right now, I am in pure bliss. My one year old can point out Mickey or Minnie from a mile away, and I could not be more proud of her.
2. I wanted to be a cop. I went to school for Criminal Justice, and I had every intention of becoming a police officer in hopes that I would one day end up in the FBI. Unfortunately, my anxiety got in the way, and I had to give up on my dream. Then I discovered writing, and I haven’t looked back.
3. I don’t actually drink a lot. I talk a lot of shit for someone who doesn’t drink enough wine. Well, the truth is, I use to. Before my child was born, I did drink, a lot. I’ve been a heavy drinker since I was about 13 years old. Alcoholism runs in my family, and honestly, I could see myself heading in that direction. I hit a pretty hard level of depression in college. I drank way too much and my grades dropped. I graduated, thankfully, but ended up hitting a significant quarter life crisis right after. My drinking only increased. I eventually climbed myself out, but I still drank more than I should have. Then I got pregnant, and all of that changed. Now, 2 drinks in one week is pretty crazy for me. I’m actually a more responsible parent than I make myself out to be.
4. Unicorns! I have a thing for Unicorns, and it’s apparently the year of the Unicorn. I could not be more excited for the perfect coincidence that my child was born into this era. She apparently showed up just in time to be saturated in them. I’m crossing my fingers that the next year brings the year of the Dragons. I am a freak, on a whole other level, when it comes to Dragons.
5. I won’t watch Game Of Thrones. I refuse! Not because I’m stuck up or arrogant. Too many people die, and my anxious brain can’t handle all of that death. I read the first book to see what the hype was all about and I ‘Noped’ that shit shut. Not for me guys, sorry. I respect your devotion though, I really do.
6. With Disney, comes Marvel. I’m not a comic nerd, but I love me some Marvel. Of course it’s owned by Disney. I’ve seen every single movie of the series. Every! Single! One! SPOILER ALERT: Raise your hand if you are still pissed off about Iron Man! NO! NOOOOOOO!!
7. I’m writing a novel. You may already know this, but I thought it was a good opportunity to put it out there again. It’s almost finished!!! Are you going to buy my book? Don’t worry, I’ll keep you all posted.
Thanks again for taking the time to learn a little more about Messy Mama.
You’re next! Can not wait to see everyone’s fun facts!